Structure monitoring will be performed with sensors that measure:
- Ground settlement under the slab using a borehole extensometer.
- Slab deflection using an inclinometer probe.
- Stress within the structure using vibrating wire strain gauges and temperature sensors.
- Vertical displacement of the inner tank using fiber-optic sensors, for longterm monitoring.
- During hydro testing, horizontal and vertical settlement of the tank using mechanical gauges, and its deviation, using a surface inclinometer fi xed on the internal wall.
In the case of underground storage facilities, structure monitoring is performed with sensors that measure:
- Pore pressure around tunnels, to check for possible leakage using vibrating wire piezometers.
- Settlement during sinking using borehole extensometers