The Microsecond Timer is designed to measure stress wave propagation time in trees. The signal is generated by a hammer tap on the start sensor and the unit displays the measured propagation time. By measuring the distance between the two sensors, velocity can be calculated which can be used to detect hidden decayed regions or holes between the two sensors.
- Connect the transducers to the timer box.
- Switch on the timer. Before each hit please press the “Reset” button. If you want to use the auto reset function, switch on the timer while the “Reset" button is held down. In this case the actual readout appears on the screen after each hit without pressing “Reset”.
- Transducers are identical. Please select the transducer, connected to the „Start” connector. A colour mark helps you to identify the start transducer. Hit the start sensor by using hammer. The hit should always be parallel with the direction of the nail. Use a rubber hammer for driving in the sensors. For the measurement use a 100 g steel hammer. Let the hammer spring back. After use, switch off the unit.
- Microsecond Timer box
- Two SD02 sensors with integrated cables and BNC connectors
- Hammers: 100 g steel and rubber
- Leather case
- Aluminum reference bar (44 cm long)
- User's manual
- Rechargeable batteries
- Battery charger
- USB-to-RS232 cable for PC connectivity (no RS232 port needed on the PC side)
- PC software for raw data acquisition and storage
Time required for one measurement*
less than 1 minute
Time measurement error
± 3 microseconds
45 x 82 x 150 mm
standard rechargeable 9V
plastic, not water-resistant
4 digit LCD screen
SD02 piezo sensor
DIL 9, male
Operating temperature range
*including mounting and removing both sensors
Tidak ada video untuk produk ini
Tidak ada file catalog untuk produk ini