The Root Detector is designed for determining the location of the roots of a selected tree. It works based on sound velocity measurements between a sensor attached to the trunk and a soil sensor placed close to the root. Adjusting the position of the soil sensor while keeping a fix distance from the tree enables us to map the entire root structure. The benefit of this method is that the measurement is not disturbed by other trees' roots, pipes or other buried materials.
- Put the rectangular sensor (the one with the long cable) on the tree. The spike should point towards the roots.
- Connect the BNC connector to the (black) amplifier box.
- Connect the soil sensor (cylindrical) to the amplifer box.
- Tie a loose rope around the tree. The rope will help you to keep a constant distance between the tree and the soil sensor. Move the soil sensor around the tree by small steps, making sure that the rope remains tightened.
- Make a measurement at each sensor position.
- SD02 piezo sensor with 6 m cable
- Soil sensor
- Dual amplifier box
- Battery box
- Rubber hammer
- Steel hammer
- Evaluation software
Time required for one measurement ~ 1 hour
Hammer 100 g
Measured time precision ± 2 μs
Number of sensors 2
starter SD02 piezo sensor
receiver high frequency geophone
Tidak ada video untuk produk ini
Tidak ada file catalog untuk produk ini